Monday, September 24, 2007

Wanna teach me how to dance with your girlfriend?



MP3: Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach You

Because the Black Kids wont do it. At least thats what they claim in my new favorite song, "I'm not gonna teach you"

A 5 piece from Jacksonville Florida. The group consists of a brother and sister and 3 other friends from Sunday school. (which is apparently a giant festival of sexual tension, according to the interview with VICE which they have posted on their myspace blog).

their name and its origins is best explained by the band. So I'll quote:

"Reggie Youngblood (Guitar/Vocals): This tends to be a long answer, but you're not attacking our name (as some do), so I'll tell you this: It is REALLY fucking hard to come up with a name that hasn't been taken. You think of something you like, Google it, and sure enough, someone's beat you to it. So, we thought, we really must have something that most people won't touch. And it should sound cool. I find it hilarious when someone black asks Owen or Kevin (who are both white) what band they play in, because they're not quite comfortable saying it aloud. If I'm with them, I just keep very quiet and relish the awkwardness."

They arent signed... yet. I say yet because it seems that they have captured the attention of a few labels lately...

They've been kind enough to allow us lovely world wide web surfers to download 4 tracks from thier myspace page. Which I of course did at a rapid pace upon discovering this marvelous act from the south. They dont have an actual website, that I've been able to find. but hey this is the latter half of 2007. EVERYONE has a myspace.

I'm almost starting to think that the rest of the internet could not exist, and I would find plenty of music on myspace to keep me content... well almost... not really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lie, everyone doesn't have a Myspace.

Actually, they should. Like a social security number. Haha.