Sunday, May 13, 2007

Drum Machines Have No Soul





I've been in San Luis Obispo all weekend! Its so beautiful here. I saw the raddest shirt! It says "DRUM MACHINES HAVE NO SOUL" So of course I HAD to have it. It's become my brand new favorite shirt. And I will wear it proudly whilst DJing.


I got to do some music shopping. I managed to finaly pick up the 120 Days album. A super fantasticaly fresh band from Norway, Previously known as "The Beautiful People". I've had a copy of it on my hard drive for quite some time, and for whatever reason, I havent managed to make the time to pick it up until now. The extra 45 vinyl that came with it for free probably influenced my purchasing decision a bit... I shouldnt have needed to be bribed with a free 45 to purchase this album. Because its REALLY good, and is certainly worthy of the 10 bucks I spent on it. But hey... I'm a sucker for a limited edition vinyl.


Aaaanyway. I love this record. Think... Kraftwerk meets Boy era U2... Or actually... what if Bono sang for Kraftwerk? Its a really chill record, and it fits perfectly if youre driving along the coast. Or just sittin by the pool. It's a lush dreamy post punk electro pop album. It came out last year. But seems like its just now starting to get some recognition.


There are so many good songs on this record. I chose my two favorites. Actually... Theres other songs that I love just as much. I cant post them all... But today you get a special 2 for 1 deal. You can check out some more of thier stuff on thier Myspace page, if you feel so inclined.

No comments: